Peace of Mind is All I Want...: The best night of my life.

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The best night of my life.

At least in recent memory....

Audrey and I met my friend and her 8 week old baby for lunch at Central Market. This friend has a 3 year old as well as the new baby. We had a lovely lunch during which my child was pulling out all of her cuteness. She was quickly fading but I figured we could squeeze a quick trip through the market since we desperately needed grapes and conditioner and my friend had to pick up some things also.

Audrey sat in the cart and was mostly happy. My friend put her things on the belt to check out and handed her little guy to me. Audrey burst into tears and started to call out "mama, mama, mama". I wanted to start crying as well. What am I doing, wrecking her life like this? (nevermind that my rational self knows that this is crazy. I love having a sister and wouldn't be the person I am without her.). Luckily my friend knew exactly what I was thinking. In fact she said "I know exactly what you're thinking right now. It will be fine. You might feel a little 'Sophie's Choice' ish right now but it will be fine." I laughed. It was all good. Audrey passed out in the car about 5 seconds after I got her into her carseat.

Fast foward to our after bath routine. Audrey, Todd and I are sitting on the guest bed getting her into her PJs while she flips around and acts like a maniac. This is one of my favorite parts of the day. She rolls from daddy to me, dispensing raspberries and climbing all over us. It's pure love. I started sobbing. Like, hard core. What does the kid do? She puts her hands on my cheeks (melt) and offers each of her cheeks to me to kiss (not sure when we adopted the European custom of double face kissing) and she lays her head on my chest. It was perfect. I will never forget that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home