Peace of Mind is All I Want...: It's a miracle, y'all!

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's a miracle, y'all!

Audrey slept through the night for the first time in her life on Thursday, 4/9. 8:30 PM - 6:30 AM!

I'm sure many of you (all 3 - 4 people that actually read my blog :-P) are appalled. An almost 15 month old that doesn't STTN yet. Well, that's the way we roll at our house. She's never been a terrific sleeper and I've done everything I can to make her feel comfortable and secure. It's finally paid off and night time is improving DRASTICALLY!

In the past week she's slept 9+ hours without waking 3 times. The other four nights she's woken once or twice - all this while she's dealing with some congestion and cutting molars.

Some other things: she's had quite the verbal explosion. At last count about three weeks ago she was regularly saying about 25 words. I can't keep track anymore, there are too many. She stunned me twice yesterday. I was carrying her through the kitchen to the garage to put her in her carseat to go to work/daycare. We walked past the toaster where she caught a glimpse of the waffles that had long since popped up. She points that way and ever so casually says "wau-poo" in a "Geez mom, you almost forgot" tone. I about died. We got home from work/daycare around 4:30 and apparently Miss Thing wanted a snack. She walked into the kitchen and pointed to the cutting board where Todd normally slices fruit/veggies and said "app-pull". Over and over and over again. She's blowing my mind.

We have a big week coming up.

Monday - 15 month well check
Tuesday - tour of local birthing center (so excited!)
Wednesday - sonogram and OB appointment
Thursday - I leave for Dallas for my first overnight trip away from Audrey
Friday - reunited and feels so good

2 Comments:

At 4/16/09, 11:14 AM , Blogger Serenity said...

Not appalled at all. I'm actually sort of glad to hear I'm not alone because Baby O has been waking during the night for a bottle this week. (He'll be 13 months old tomorrow, and yes, we're weaning him to sippies, but not in middle of the night.)

See what I mean? The justifying. I like the "that's how we roll." Because that's how we roll too. :)

Anyway. Thanks for posting this. And congratulations!!!

 
At 4/16/09, 6:06 PM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

Congrats on the sleep! My little guy is 16 months and still only sleeps through the night 3 or 4 out of every 7 nights. The nights he doesn't, he gets up to breastfeed once. Yes, I am still breastfeeding my toddler, because "that's the way we roll at our house" (I love that!)!

He also has a very limited vocabulary, as in about 3 words, so you should feel very proud of Audrey!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home