Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Good news!

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Good news!

I saw/heard the heartbeat this morning. The little tiny flicker was going strong, around 162 bpm. I cried, not realizing how worried I was until that moment. Sweet, sweet relief. Everything looks perfect. PERFECT. I am low risk, healthy and my cervix is fabulous.

Which makes me a great candidate to birth this baby at the local birthing center. I toured their facility yesterday and felt very comfortable. I love the midwife model of care and am looking forward to my first "official" appointment there (we met briefly with a midwife yesterday but it doesn't really count). Our insurance will cover part of the expense but we will have to pay part of the fee out of pocket. Totally worth it in my opinion. I'm pumped!

Audrey had her 15 month well check on Monday. My little peanut is tipping the scales at 21lbs and 12 oz. and a whopping 29 1/2 inches tall. That puts her right in the 25th percentile range if you're into that kind of thing. She small but mighty. A little ball of sunshiney dandelion fluff. My little pumpkin baby. She was pronounced "very smart" by the doctor based on her vocabulary :-P She was yelling about bunnies (Annie's graham crackers) and bananas while we waited for him to do the exam. He brought her a little rubber duck and she started quacking at him. Adorable.

3 Comments:

At 4/22/09, 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great news!

 
At 4/24/09, 12:54 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

Congrats on the heartbeat! I'm so happy for you!

 
At 4/28/09, 7:54 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Wonderful news on both fronts! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home