Peace of Mind is All I Want...: When you're feeling down about parenting...

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

When you're feeling down about parenting...

...go some place that has a lot of old ladies.

Monday and Tuesday (my at home days) were rough. I was particularly tired and Audrey was particularly grumpy. Yesterday I took her to Central Market - a local grocery store that has a cafe and an outdoor playground. We walked (well, I walked and she sat in the cart) through the store and made a couple of lunch purchases and then found a seat in the cafe to enjoy our lunch. She was "on fire" as I like to say. Extra cute, chattering away and doing her own particular Audrey thing. I was approached by no less than three grandmotherly types complimenting me on how awesome she is. One woman in particular really touched me. She said "It has been a joy watching your daughter". She went on to say that Audrey reminded her of HER daughter at that age, very interested in everything and alert. She rattled off her daughter's accomplishments - graduated summa cum laude, Mensa, etc. and then mentioned that she was only able to have one child. I told her that Audrey was our blessing as well and we enjoyed every minute with her.

I left there feeling MUCH better.

2 Comments:

At 5/15/09, 9:32 AM , Blogger Kate said...

That's true - old ladies love Luke! That playground at CM is pretty cool. The one here doesn't have that.

 
At 6/29/09, 6:09 PM , Blogger Tanya said...

Wow, it's great to get another perspective on parenting like that. So glad you shared that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home