Peace of Mind is All I Want...: On the road again

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Thursday, April 30, 2009

On the road again

We're heading off to Miami again for the next 5 days. We'll stay with the in-laws, as usual which does cause me a certain amount of stress. MIL is a gem. I do sincerely love her. She does a lot for us and absolutely adores Audrey.

It'll be nice to have an extra set of arms on the plane for a change. Audrey isn't a fan of sitting on my lap for hours at a time and I can't count on being able to nurse her down for a nap. Hopefully Todd isn't more trouble than he's worth :-P

Speaking of Audrey, she's amazing. Of course. Chattering up a storm. Night time is going better than ever. I still nurse her before bed (gasp!) - lately she hasn't been falling asleep in my lap but has been sitting up and pointing to her crib. Last night I put her in her crib fully awake and she tucked her blanket around her and I didn't hear from her again until 4 AM! I can get used to that. She even went back to sleep at 4 (with a little nursing/rocking) and she slept until 7:15. I think that's a record for her.

She's a bossy little thing. We were at a playgroup on Tuesday and she quickly gravitated to the play kitchen. One of the younger boys crawled over to get a bowl and she turned to face him and morphed into a harpie, shrieking "no no no no no no!". I confess, I had to fight back some laughter. Naturally, the more she didn't want to play with him the more he wanted to play with her. It's like middle school already. Oy.

Pregnancy is going well. I'm crazy bloated and thiscloseto busting out maternity pants already. At 9 weeks. Having some food issues but no major morning sickness. I'm not as tired as I remember being last time - I guess having the worst sleeper ever is good for something :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home