Peace of Mind is All I Want...: I am a fraud.

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I am a fraud.

This is/was an infertility blog that morphed into a sporadic mama blog then was pseudo-morphing into a secondary infertility blog. Except that I'm pregnant.

Yep. Knocked up. With child. Bun in the oven. Preggers.

We had a plan. We were going to give it a try au natural until June/Julyish. An internet friend sent her leftover OPKs. I was going to start using them next cycle. I've had regular periods since January-ish and almost clockwork cycles. CM a flowing, if you know what I mean. I never, ever thought that it would be this easy. I'm greatful but shocked. Worried but thrilled. Scared shitless but excited.

The timing isn't ideal. One of my best friends just had a failed IVF cycle. I'm not looking forward to telling her. #2 will be due about a month before Christmas and 2 months before my daughter's 2nd birthday. I was looking forward to traveling to see my parents for Christmas this year but I'm not sure that will happen. I've only been at my new job for 2 months and I really, really like it here. I'm part time so there's no FMLA or maternity leave. I have no idea how they'll take the news when I tell them but I would really like to continue to work here and I hope we can work something out.

Todd and I both laughed when I got the results. Not the joyous, tender laughter like the first time but more "what the fuckityfuck?!" laughter of disbelief. Not that we aren't thrilled, of course! It's just so, so unexpected. Unplanned. But definitely not unwanted.

Two under two. Holy hell.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 3/25/09, 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the timing was "perfect", there wouldn't be any babies in the world.
That is absolutely fantastic! Take care... get plenty of rest... I know nursing and being pregnant isn't a walk in the park.
Oh...
AND CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

 
At 3/25/09, 5:23 PM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

Congratulations! I think it is a wonderful surprise, and certainly one that every person who has gone through infertility hopes for. It does not make you a fraud - you still went through everything you did to get to this point. Enjoy the surprise!

 
At 3/25/09, 7:46 PM , Blogger Larisa said...

wow! congrats!

 
At 3/26/09, 8:24 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Congrats!!! The same thing happened to me, so I guess we'll just try to survive the "2 under 2" thing the best we can. :)

 
At 3/26/09, 9:29 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

You are not a fraud!!!! Congrats!!! This is wonderful news and don't you let anyone make you think or feel otherwise!!!

xxoo

(my word verification is gosing!)

 
At 4/5/09, 10:18 AM , Blogger docgrumbles said...

congrats on the pleasant surprise!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home