Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Good, Bad & Ugly

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Good, Bad & Ugly

Good: I have an appointment for an IVF consultation on May 10th! I'm very excited. The timing should work out so this cycle will be ending just before the appointment - I think that's a good thing! And the woman I'm supposed to call if I have any questions is named Candy. Awesome!

Bad: I feel like hell. I'm grossly bloated and it hurts to button my pants. The very last thing I feel like doing is engaging in sexy time with my husband but I know if I don't and I do see the elusive BFP this cycle I will beat myself up and be regretful.

Ugly: Our insurance company is denying payment for the last 4 IUIs. Our policy states that it will cover 6 inseminations - it never clicked in my brain that 5 cycles of back to back IUIs would result in 10 inseminations. I feel like a moron for not asking about that. Thankfully it's the insemination portion of the process that's being denied and not the meds or we'd be screwed. I'd much rather use our tax refund to replace our deck but alas.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my previous post. I appreciate each and every one of them.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 4/24/07, 4:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will your insurance cover IVF? That would be fantastic if they do.

 
At 4/24/07, 5:36 PM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

D@mn insurance companies! Don't they realize IF is hectic enough?!

I hope yours does cover IVF, or at least most of it. Like 'my reality' said, that would be awesome!

 
At 4/24/07, 6:02 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Our insurance says it will cover 2 IVF attempts - I want to get more clarification to be sure there aren't surprise exclusions but it looks positive!

 
At 4/24/07, 10:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I hear you, Chris. I just found out that my insurance covers diagnosis and correction only - so none of my ART is covered. Bastards.

Good luck with your 5/10 appointment!

 
At 4/26/07, 11:14 AM , Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

I love that her name is Candy.

That sucks about the insurance! So frustrating. I feel like they look for any way to get out of paying regardless.

Thank you for the blilt square--and the good thoughts: I'm feeling better today. The switching before the IUI made me throw up a bit in my mouth. All of them are so good I think you need more than one square.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home