Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Advice needed, please.

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Monday, April 09, 2007

Advice needed, please.

I just left a message for the nurse to get my P4 level from my blood draw last Thursday. I forgot to call on Friday.

The more I think about it the more I think we're going to go directly into another IUI cycle. We're paying $700/month for COBRA to cover all of this IF junk. Taking off a cycle = pissing $700 down the drain. I don't know if I can stomach that, especially since Todd is still job hunting. I don't think I'll be able to "relax" and "take a break" knowing that the $$ we could be putting toward redoing our deck has been flushed down the toilet.

What I do need is some assvice. My first 3 IUIs were a blend of 50mgs clomid, a bunch of estrace, 10000iu of hCG and progesterone 2 times a day until my period started. The last 2 IUIs were done with 150ius of gonal-f, 1mg of estrace, 5000 iu of hCG and 200mgs of progesterone starting 3 days after the IUI.

On clomid my LP was 15 - 16 days. On gonal-f it's only 9 days before I start spotting. Someone in internet land mentioned that her RE gave her 10000 hcg to trigger then 2500 iu hCG as a booster 4dpo and 8 dpo to help her LP. Do you have any other suggestions that I can talk to my RE about?

This is my last IUI before we venture into IVF land :-(

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 4/9/07, 3:31 PM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

I don't really know a lot about extending luteal phase other than progesterone suppositories, but I know I've read about some people getting progesterone shots because they are more concentrated. Maybe that would help?

I'd also ask about getting the 10,000iu hCG shot instead of the 5,000, like you mentioned. It could help.

The only other thing I can think to say is that sometimes the 3rd time is the charm and this next IUI will be your third on Gonal-F right?
Sorry I don't have more assvice for you!

 
At 4/10/07, 5:58 PM , Blogger Ms. Perky said...

There was nothing that helped me get over the sting of a failed cycle more than moving on to the next cycle. Taking cycles off in between did nothing but aggravat me.

As for the shortened LP... I don't know that it's necessarily a problem. You might just start with asking whether it's a problem and if so, what do they recommend to counteract it. I've never heard of a clinic doing booster hCG shots around here, but I do know a couple friends inside the computer have done so.

My doctor doesn't recommend doing more than 4 IUI cycles unless there's been an intervening pregnancy. I hope this is your last one because you get pregnant, but if not, I'm glad to hear it's your last before moving into IVF land.

 
At 4/11/07, 7:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard of the HCG booster, but don't really know anything about it. If you do find out, let us know!

 
At 4/11/07, 1:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

prometrium should help support the LP. I think the booster is used to trick the body into producing more progesterone but also raises the risk of OHSS. I am following similar protocol with Follistim (FSH) and Ovidrel trigger. Beta on 4/16. ughh! My insurance covers IUI but not IVF so we are hoping, hoping, hoping that we do not have to enter a shared risk program and re-mortgage the house! Good Luck!

 
At 4/11/07, 8:19 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

How'd your P4 come back?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home