Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Holding pattern

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Holding pattern

I wish I had something profound or interesting to report but alas, I do not. Just a big THANKS for the comments and advice on my previous post. I'll be sure to keep you (all 5 of you :-) posted on how it goes with each doctor.

I got a big folder in the mail from the local clinic. It was full of forms and information about the doctors, etc. I believe 70% of the paperwork was dedicated to them getting paid for their services. There was a list of questions to ask your insurance company about their benefits. Another form was dedicated to explaining their policy of taking a credit card to secure payment for your appointments. If you cancel within 48 hours you will be charged $150. Additionally, their lab doesn't accept any insurance - you have to pay up front and submit your receipts to be reimbursed. In fact, the same deal applies with several other insurance plans (ours included).

I suppose it's good to know this stuff ahead of time but it really doesn't make for a warm and welcoming feeling.

And on top of that, my H thinks the doctor we'll be seeing looks like a pervert. Nice!

4 Comments:

At 4/19/07, 11:15 AM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

Insurance companies suck! Well, except for the money they save us, that's nice, but everything else about them sucks! ;)

And as long as the new doc only looks like a perv you don't need to worry. If he acts like a perv when you meet him, run!

 
At 4/19/07, 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate that so much of this boils down to money. I hope you find the best clinic for you.

 
At 4/20/07, 5:44 AM , Blogger Ms. Perky said...

I would have freaked the heck out if I'd gotten tons of paperwork about the money side of it from my fertility clinic. Most of my paperwork was health history forms (5 pages each, I think) for me and for my husband.

I hope you are able to find what you want from the local clinic, but re: your last post (which I only just got a chance to read), I would see both clinics before you decide where to get your treatment. You need to trust your doctor, that is key, even if it means putting off treatment for a cycle or two. Your odds of success will not significantly change in the next several months.

 
At 4/20/07, 8:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers, toes and everything in between crossed for you! Well, except my legs since I'm trying to get pregnant, too. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home