Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Crossroads

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Crossroads

On to a new cycle.

My LP last cycle was 12 days and that's if you include 4 full days of spotting. That's a concern, right?

I see my acupuncturist this afternoon then my RE on Monday. My husband is going to come with me to this appointment so we can have a big talk about what next. I'm 99% sure that we're going to do another IUI cycle but I want to know what our options are if that doesn't work. My RE has never mentioned IVF, I've never seen any IVF information in the office. Is it possible that she doesn't do it?

I feel like I'm at a crossroads right now, like the next decision I make is going to be tremendiously important. It's rather unsettling.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 4/12/07, 8:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like a progesterone issue (the spotting), but I'm not a doctor (although I could play one on tv!). Definitely talk to your RE about it.

These decisions are important, but they're not irreversible. You can always change course if circumstances or your feelings change.

 
At 4/12/07, 9:13 AM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

I agree that it could be a progesterone issue. My old RE had a standard practice of putting everyone on progesterone suppositories after ovulation just in case. My new clinic doesn't believe in it. I say do some research before you go and be prepared to fight for what you want and think you need. Good luck!

 
At 4/12/07, 11:37 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

I'm sorry that you're onto a new cycle. I hope you're doctor can answer some questions and figure out what the right path is for you guys.

 
At 4/12/07, 3:28 PM , Blogger Ms. Perky said...

The short LP isn't necessarily a problem, but I concur that it's probably a progesterone issue, though I do remember you saying you took progesterone suppositories in your last cycle, so I don't know what the deal is. Vaginal suppositories and creams are not systemic, while PIO is, so maybe that's making the difference. Either way, talk to your RE about it. It may turn out to be something your RE is not concerned about.

 
At 4/12/07, 7:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to make any decisions right away, you can take time to figure out what is best for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home