Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Speechless

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Monday, April 23, 2007

Speechless

There are 27 measurable follicles inside of me right now. Today was supposed to be the usual trip into the RE for a sono and trigger shot but my stupid, overproducing ovaries had to shake that up.

The good news is that I respond really great to the meds and thusly will be a fantastic candidate for IVF.

The bad news is that I was hoping to avoid IVF and get pregnant THIS cycle with a quick, easy IUI.

The only chance that is going to happen is if my E2 level comes back below 2000 (not likely) then we'll do the trigger at home (the idea of handing my husband a needle to shove in my hip is not appealing) and proceed with the IUI on Weds. & Thurs.

My feelings are so conflicted. On one hand I want to move forward with the trigger/IUI regardless. On the other, I don't want to endanger myself or any potential offspring. I'm so weary from waiting.

*******UPDATE*********

We've been cancelled. My E2 level is 2500.

PCOSMama - they're all above 10mm. Blah.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 4/23/07, 6:00 PM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

27 measurable follicles - does that mean 27 over 10mm or just 27 that can be measured? I'm only asking because I get similar numbers of follicles but the docs only worry about the ones over 10mm. Your E2 level is high though - is that the reason they might cancel or is it too many mature follicles? If the E2 level is the main reason, there's a chance it could go down.... you never know! How high is it right now?

I'll be thinking about you and hoping everything turns out okay! Good luck!

 
At 4/23/07, 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have some serious follies going on!

I have always done my trigger sub-q and it isn't a big deal. If you do trigger at home, maybe you could do yours that way, too.

 
At 4/23/07, 7:51 PM , Blogger Baby Blues said...

Those are a lot of follies! But it's wise to cancel the cycle. I understand how it feels, I was cancelled once too. Our ovaries are little rebels aren't they?

 
At 4/23/07, 8:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That sucks, Chris. I'm so sorry. What's your next step - straight to IVF?

 
At 4/23/07, 9:50 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Ugh! I'm sorry you got cancelled. That sucks.

 
At 4/24/07, 8:39 AM , Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

I am so sorry about the cancellation. Sending good thoughts to you, Chris.

 
At 4/24/07, 9:45 AM , Blogger nickoletta100 said...

I'm so sorry your cycle got cancelled. That really sucks and must have been a tough blow.

 
At 4/24/07, 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck, I'm so sorry.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home