Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Another "I'm not in this alone" reminder

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Another "I'm not in this alone" reminder

Husband and I were grocery shopping yesterday. Around the corner came a hugely pregnan woman looking as cute and perky as can be. You know the type: tall, skinny, tendy clothes, giant belly. She was browsing the shelves as her husband pushed the cart containing their groceries and 2 adorable little blond haired boys up behind her. I sighed to myself, envious of her perfect life/appearance/fertility/family and continued looking for my favorite OJ. Pefect Family moved on, leaving me and my husband behind looking for our juice. Husband leaned over and wrapped his arm around me (he's not normally touchy feely in public) and whispered ever so sweetly "They suck".

While I can't really comment on their suckage I can mentioned that I didn't feel instantly bitter over that strangers pregnancy like I probably would have a month ago.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4/29/07, 8:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not alone in this. We are all in this with you!

I have solved the problem of being hit with pregnant women out of the blue in the grocery store by sending my husband with a detailed list!

 
At 4/29/07, 10:19 AM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

Your hubby is sweet!

I like my reality's idea. The only problem with that is if your hubby is anything like mine he'll come home with a bunch of stuff not on the list!

 
At 4/30/07, 8:04 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

I hate being hit with that pang of jealousy too every time I see a pregnant woman. What a sweet husband!

 
At 4/30/07, 11:40 AM , Blogger Ms. Perky said...

You are definitely not alone! I still get pangs of pregnancy envy. Isn't that ridiculous?

 
At 5/1/07, 2:49 AM , Blogger Baby Blues said...

That's so sweet. Yes we're definitely not alone. Whispering too, "I agree, they suck."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home