Peace of Mind is All I Want...: It's the little things

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's the little things

Things have been pretty status quo around here. Since moving up to the big girl room at daycare Audrey has settled into a great routine with naps (finally down to one a day) and bedtime. Miraculously, I'm able to put her in her crib awake in both situations and she puts herself to sleep. I still rock her for a few minutes before dumping her (I can't imagine NOT rocking her) but she usually tells me when she's ready for night night. We sing while we rock. Sometimes it's just me singing our usual songs but last night she kept singing "itsy bitsy" over and over to herself. It was precious and made me cry. I joined her in a few rounds about the spider and got a giant open mouthed kiss in return. More tears on my part.

She's fascinated with my earrings. She calls them bow-bows. Just like her hairbows. She's very gentle (mostly) when she touches them. My glasses...not so much. I stumble around with tiny finger prints on the lenses all the time. For whatever reason, she's fascinated by them.

The new baby is still nameless and will probably stay that way until he's born. I'm 20 weeks today - hard to believe. I feel movement daily now, mostly in the afternoon. I'm a little melancholy off and on about the whole boy vs. girl thing. I was really expecting it to be another girl and was so excited for Audrey to have a little sister. Hopefully I'll get my brain wrapped about this soon!

I head back to the midwife on Friday. I always look forward to those appointments - such a different kind of care than at an OB's. I wish we would have gone this route with Audrey.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home