Peace of Mind is All I Want...: 18 months old!

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

18 months old!

I wish I could have frozen time yesterday morning. It was one of those perfect moments - the kiddo in my arms, a cool breeze in the air and the sound of her little belly laugh laugh ringing through the air. I love the way her cheeks pop up when she's so tickled about something (in this case me pointing in the direction we were walking and saying "no, THIS way" - I don't know what was so funny about that but apparently in toddlerese it was hilarious) and she throws her head back in laughter, completely trusting that she's safe in my arms. The trust is humbling.

She's 18 months old now. Hard to believe. Her favorites are colors (crayons), mook (yogurt smoothies), stars, Lulu (the dog, Tallulah) and any kind of music. My favorites are the snuggles, the hugs and the kisses. I'm not a big fan of the "mine" stuff she's getting into. She's such a spunky, sassy little thing which I hope continues as she grows.

Speaking of growing, it appears she's finally hit a bit of a growth spurt. She's up to 31 inches and 23lbs. We had her at the ped. 2 weeks ago and she was barely 22 lbs - that explains all of the eating and sleeping lately!

Pregnancy is going well. No real news to report - gotta love the 2nd trimester! I'm feeling very regular movement now which is always reassuring. I don't go back to the midwives until 8/14. The baby boy is breach right now which I know is okay - I'm just 22 weeks. I can't help but be a little tiny bit nervous about him not turning but I won't full on panic for another 10 - 12 weeks :-)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7/23/09, 1:37 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Glad to hear that everything is going well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home