Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Baby's first fever

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Friday, December 12, 2008

Baby's first fever

I don't think there's a spot in the baby book for "First Fever" but if there was, I would record 12/12/08 as that date. Boo!

Poor kid has been all kinds of snotty for the past weekish. December, lots of crazy weather changes, daycare - it's kind of par for the course. For the past 2 nights she's been waking up as often as usual (way too often) and screaming. Screaming! She has fallen right back to sleep after some nursing/rocking/back patting but seems totally out of it.

I dropped her off at daycare this morning and on my way over to the office made an appointment with her pediatrician. I went over at lunch to nurse her and she fell asleep in my arms and actually slept through the transition from my breast to the pack N play whcih she usually does not do. I knew something was up.

Sure enough, about an hour ago I got the call. She has a 100 degree fever and needs to be picked up. I called Todd and he was able to get her without any trouble so they're at the pediatrician's now. I wish I was there to hold her but mama is taking 2 vacation days the week after next and has very limited sick time. We accrue paid time off as we work and since I'm giving my notice in seven days (!!!!!) I have to keep an eye on that.

Ugh. I hope she's okay. We've been lucky to make it this far without any illness, especially factoring daycare. Fingers crossed that it's merely a cold.

3 Comments:

At 12/12/08, 2:13 PM , Blogger Kate said...

How funny - Luke just had his first fever. I hope she feels better soon.

 
At 12/13/08, 6:46 AM , Blogger Larisa said...

Aww, poor baby. Elodie is on her first round of antibiotics after our pedi visit yesterday - ear infections.

 
At 12/13/08, 3:03 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Yuck. Hopefully she recuperates soon! Olivia is also sick right now and tested positive for RSV this morning. That means we're now basically quarintined for 7-21 days since it's so contagious. Thankfully, though, since she's otherwise healthy it shouldn't be any worse than a bad cold. We'll see...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home