Peace of Mind is All I Want...: dangerous

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Sunday, September 28, 2008

dangerous

So I got an iPhone. Thus far, it's the best thing ever. Except I can't put it down.

Which is both good and bad. Bad: hard to eat tacos made by my husband while texting my sister. Good: it's easy to write a few words before heading off to bed.

My bedtime routine with audrey consists of a bath, lotion, pjs, nursing then my favorite - rocking in the glinder. The weight of her in my arms as she drifts of to sleep is heavenly. She lays her head just so on my shoulder and curls her tiny body against mine and muzzles her face against my skin and floats away to dream land. This, my friends, is what it's all about. It's the cherry on top, the icing on the cake. I wish I could think if another dessert cliché. Regardless, the rocking chair is something I look forward to every day. Which is handy because I've been clocking quite a few miles in that thing lately.

I'm sure rocking her to sleep is causing irreparable damage to her sleep habits and I'll be fishing for suggestions on how to get her to sleep through the night before too long. I never forget, even at 4 am, that this time is fleeting. I remember when her little self could stretch full out on my lap - now her legs drape over the arm. In a few months I imagine she won't be able to curl up on me the way she does now. And a few months after that she probably won't want to anyway.

So I'm happy to rock her to sleep whether it's 8 pm or 3:30 am. During those stolen moments in the middle of the night I can smell her sweet baby smell and rub her soft baby skin and hold her so close to me and thank my lucky stars.

1 Comments:

At 9/29/08, 7:01 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I think the same thing. I love our rocking time. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home