Peace of Mind is All I Want...: 8 months old

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Monday, September 22, 2008

8 months old

Audrey turned 8 months on Saturday! Dad went to a football game so Audrey and I were on our own, just like old times. We went to Gymboree for her 2nd Level 2 class and played around for a while then it was off to return/exchange some clothes from Grandma Katy and to babyGap (my guilty pleasure). Poor Audrey has been having a tough couple of weeks. Between teething (we're up to 4 teeth now!), a nasty diaper rash and a recent excema diagnosis she hasn't been herself. She's still pretty kick ass but I'm sad to see her suffering. She's having such a hard time sleeping, both at night and for naps. It's like she can't get comfortable unless she's being held. Which I don't mind doing at all :-) I know in the not so distant future she's not going to want to snuggle on my lap anymore so I'm stealing those moments whenever I can. Even if it is at 4 AM (although I admit I'd prefer 4 PM).

Nursing is still going well. Pumping still sucks (pun intended) but I'm keeping at it for now. Most people I know wean at one year and stop pumping around 10 months but I'm not sure what my plans are. Ideally, I'd like her to wean herself but I'd like to get back on the trying to get pregnant again wagon within the next 6 months. I'm riddle with guilt thinking about that though. How crappy of a mother am I to force my child to wean to increase my chanced at conceiving? What if it takes another 2 years to get pregnant? I almost feel like throwing myself off of a bridge just thinking about it.

So until I get to that bridge I'm just maintaining status quo. And enjoying the hell out of my daughter!

3 Comments:

At 9/23/08, 7:13 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I've been avoiding that bridge myself. Happy 8 months!!

 
At 9/23/08, 1:48 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

Happy eight months for Audrey! Just take it one month at a time - a lot of people never even make to eight months, so I think you are doing great.

 
At 9/24/08, 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 8 months!

I'm still pumping for my triplets at a year and still BF'ing, even though I said I'd wean around now. I dunno. I'm going to return to Ye Ol' Fertility Clinic in January, so I'll wean before then, but right now? I'm just not quite ready.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home