Peace of Mind is All I Want...: (should have been posted on 11/22 but ended up in my draft folder)

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Saturday, November 22, 2008

(should have been posted on 11/22 but ended up in my draft folder)

A few minutes ago I just had the pleasure of rocking my sweet girl back to sleep. No meltdown, no drama. She was content to settle into my arms. As I sang a few of our favorite songs she played with her toes and sung back to me, drifting off to sleep.

I wish I could capture these moments forever and never forget the weight/length of her body, the way her hair smells, the softness and size of her hands at this precise moment. Because next week/month/year she's going to be bigger, taller, heavier (and quite frankly louder :-) but right now she's just a little girl who needs her mama and I'm so, so lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home