Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Single parenting is hard work

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Single parenting is hard work

Or

Why I need to stop being such a bitch to my husband.

Audrey and I are having a girls week while Todd is out of town. Holy mother of god, I'm beat. I don't know if Audrey is just picking up on my slightly elevated stress level or if she's teething, etc. but she's been a little "off" since her daddy left. She's doing okay at night - I've been nursing her to sleep downstairs. She sleeps alone until I'm ready for bed around 10 PM then we cosleep until she wakes up anywhere between 2-4 AM. When she finishes nursing again we head upstairs to the rocking chair. She'll fall asleep (or pretty close to it) for a bit then we crash in the guestroom because Mama is too tired to head back downstairs.

It's working but it's not ideal. And don't even get me started on cleaning my pump parts, making bottles and packing my lunch. And laundry? HA! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I'm not nearly appreciative enough of how helpful Todd is. I'm a shrieking harpy most of the time and I need to cool it. Or at least be a little more physically....available. That would probably making up for the harpy routine :-P

1 Comments:

At 8/6/08, 7:12 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I'll bet you are tired! I couldn't make it without M around.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home