Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Crap

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Crap

I was cleaning out an old purse last week and stumbled upon a stack of these:


What are those, you might ask?

Let me tell you!

After each appointment with my RE I got one of these fancy blue pieces of paper full of instructions for lab work, nurse visits, sonograms, and appointment requests. Each paper served as a reminder that HEY, YOU'RE NOT PREGNANT. After ovary monitoring sonograms during the 2ww, I'd get an extra note on the back that said something like "If HPT - call for CD3 BW/APPT if HPT + call ASAP for BW". This note reference clomid (cd5-9) so it came toward the beginning of my relationship with my RE. I was probably all optimistic, checking out nursery websites and making a list of potential names for my clomid baby (or babies! Maybe I'll have twins!).

Ha!

Anyway. I tossed out the papers and started to cry. Then went upstairs and GOT MY SLEEPING BABY OUT OF HER CRIB so I could hold and rock her. Luckily she slept through the whole thing because I would have beaten myself if she woke up. Thankfully she won't know her mother is a loon.

Well, she'll probably find out eventually but hopefully it'll be because I'm dropping her off at school in my PJs or something equally as benign/embarassing to her.






3 Comments:

At 8/20/08, 2:35 PM , Blogger The Owl Family said...

I'm sorry you cried, but glad you had some comfort....and that she didn't wake up! :)

 
At 8/23/08, 3:46 PM , Blogger ohn said...

Ahhhhh, embarrassing your children. One of lifes few real pleasures--lol.

 
At 10/22/08, 11:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Holly Lem and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 28 years old. I got preg first time on my own & miscarried. after a while of trying, my dr put me on clomid. after the first round i got pregnant & miscarried. i decided not to try or think about it at all probably for a 9 months... right around the time baby would be due & then started trying again. after a few months got back on clomid. after 5 months and no pregnancy i'm giving it a rest again. it's to much disappointment. i'm going to give it a try again soon, in the mean time we're keeping our fingers crossed for the old fashioned way to work.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
HOT FLASHES, moody, cry easily, weight gain, headaches etc!!

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Holly Lem

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home