Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Oh man, she's got issues

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Oh man, she's got issues

A shout out to any Offspring fans out there....

One of my very good friends is pregnant. They were talking about starting to try this fall but she unexpectedly turned up pregnant about 2 months ago. Her father passed away 4weeks ago - thankfully he knew about the baby and was very, very excited.

We were emailing a bit today and I'm filled with rage toward her. It took a while to figure out what my major malfunction is.

I'm hostile* because she's fertile.

She lost her father a month ago and I'm inwardly seething because she got pregnant without even trying. How is that rational?



*for the record, I'm not really hostile. Just angry. I know you know what I mean. And she is really dramatic about everything. And she's one of those people that says things like "Baby wants some Cheetos!" and is "eating for two". I'm still a bad, bad person though.

3 Comments:

At 8/7/08, 2:20 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I totally get why you're annoyed.

 
At 8/8/08, 3:29 AM , Blogger The Broken Man said...

My wife felt exactly the same - she was very happy that friends were pregnant, but just couldn't be around them, because it reminded her all the time that she wasn't.

Hope you make it soon too.

The Broken Man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

 
At 8/23/08, 3:45 PM , Blogger ohn said...

It is so true that the resentment just lingers. Even now, as an ancient woman, I get pissed when I see someone that has 3 filthy little kids in tow and a belly full of baby and know that there are so many women out there that would give anything to be a mom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home