Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Milestones and a VERY emotional mama

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Monday, June 09, 2008

Milestones and a VERY emotional mama

Dear Audrey,

Right before my very eyes you have morphed from being my Tiny One to my Big Girl. I can't put my finger on the precise moment but I know it happened sometime within the past few days.

My Tiny One was content to sit on her mama's lap and take in the wonders of the world. She would nurse until her belly was full and nuzzle her sweet little cheek against my skin when she was finished and doze off for a few minutes.

My Big Girl is content to sit on my lap but only if she can grab at everything: my glasses, my shirt, the remote control, a pen, my glass of water, our neighbor on the airplane's necklace. Anything within your eyesight is fair game.

My Big Girl can sit all by herself. She can roll from back to belly and belly to back. She can play with toys. If presented with a number of objects she will select for herself which she would prefer to clutch in her little hand.

My Big Girl no longer gives me her undivided attention when I go over to her school to nurse her at lunchtime. She's much too busy watching the other kids play and lunging off of my lap to join them.

I love watching you thrive and live for your gummy smiles. There are no words to describe my love for you. You are my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home