Peace of Mind is All I Want...: On the road again

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Saturday, May 31, 2008

On the road again

Audrey and I are heading back for another visit with Nana and the rest of the family. Nana is having her hip replaced on Friday - Audrey and I are flying in to help her get her house rearranged in easier configuration and to give her some snuggle time with the baby. What could be better then that?

This will be Audrey's second trip via airplane. We flew the first time when she was 6 weeks and it was as easy as can be. Hopefully this time is just as smooth! She's MUCH more active now and is distracted (from nursing) much easier so it'll be interesting if nothing else.

If I inadvertently flash anyone at DFW, ORD or on any airplane sorry about that :-)

4 Comments:

At 5/31/08, 10:01 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Have fun! We are going to take Luke on his first plane trip tis fall, I think, so I might need some tips from you when the time comes.

 
At 5/31/08, 6:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I just saw the pictures of your baby girl and she is just adorable! Have a great visit with Nana!

 
At 6/4/08, 8:47 AM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

This is just too weird not to mention - I also currently live in Texas, but grew up just outside Chicago (northwest Indiana). My Mom is known as Nana to all the grandkids. And though I prefer to keep this anonymous on my blog, my first name is simply a longer version of yours. That's a lot of coincidences! ;)

 
At 6/4/08, 8:55 AM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

BTW, we traveled with our little guy in February, also to ORD, and no one was at all phased (or so it seemed) by me breastfeeding at the airports and on the plane. The flight attendant did point out that the baby was safest in his car seat during lift off and landing but it was my choice - and I chose to feed him to help his ears. He slept pretty much the whole trip both ways.
Oh yeah, we didn't buy him a seat on the plane either - if you bring the seat with you and there are enough available seats next to each other they will move you and let you use the car seat. Otherwise they will gate check it at no charge - we ended up having to do that on the way home.

We brought the stroller and gate checked it - we were able to pile a lot of our stuff on it (we had coats and a couple carry-ons). I also used a front carrier for him to keep my hands free, then I shoved it on the bottom of the stroller before we gate checked it. On the way back we discovered we could also shove a coat in the bottom of the stroller before collapsing it.
Just a few hopefully-helpful tips....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home