Peace of Mind is All I Want...: A Breakthrough?

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Breakthrough?

Well, hopefully.

For the past two days Miss Audrey has actually taken a bottle at school. She took 2 oz in the morning on Tuesday and 2 oz in the afternoon yesterday. Hopefully this wasn't a fluke and she's realized that she doesn't always have to wait for Mama to get there. When I went over to feed her at lunch she hadn't taken a bottle yet today. In fact, the other breastfed baby refused his bottle too - maybe they're in cahoots with one another?

Do you remember how before you got married everyone said the first year of marriage is the hardest? I beg to differ. The first year of marriage was fine - it's the first year of having a baby that sucks. I feel like I'm constantly angry with my husband and I hate it. I wish he could read my mind because sometimes *I* don't even know what I want or what he can help with. It's frustrating for both of us.

I feel like I have so much responsibility on my shoulders with the baby and he just doesn't get it. Every night I have to wash out her bottles, all of the crap for my breastpump and get all of out bags packed for the next day. I usually go to bed around 9:30 so I can watch a little TV in bed, feed her one more time and then pump if I have to. Audrey has been getting up every 2 - 3 hours to eat since her bottle strike so I'm not getting the best night's sleep. Luckily we're cosleeping but it still isn't very restful. I lucked out last night with five continous hours - woohoo!

Audrey and I are taking Tuesday off. She has to go to the pediatrician for her 4 month check and a couple of vaccinations (we're declining and delaying the same ones as her 2 month appt). We may catch a movie in the afternoon or have some nursing photos taken if the photographer is available. I'm really looking forward to a day of just being a mom!

4 Comments:

At 5/16/08, 6:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't mind me asking, which ones are you delaying or declining? My son Gabriel turned 4 months yesterday. His 4 month appt. is next Wednesday and so far we are declining also. He has only recieved the DTaP at his 2 month appointment. The whole issue scares me to death.

 
At 5/16/08, 6:36 AM , Blogger Chris said...

Hi Erin - keep in mind that my kid is in daycare. If she wasn't I would decline more. She'll get Hib and Rotovirus (I would have declined both if she was at home with me) at her 4 month and we'll go back for DTaP and PC at 5 months (would decline PC if she wasn't at daycare). We've also declined Polio, Hep and Flu. We'll decline MMR and Chicken Pox when the time comes.

It is scary stuff. There's so much information to sort through.

 
At 5/16/08, 6:44 AM , Blogger Kate said...

I've been reading about a recurrence of measles and how dangerous it is to infants. Does that concern you at all? We have a friend who is a Doctor and he recommended we get the MMR because of this. Just wondering if you have seen anything about it.... It sees like there is a lot of information out there and it's hard to sort through.

 
At 5/16/08, 7:10 AM , Blogger Chris said...

Kate - the MMR isn't on the vaccination schedule until 12 months anyway. I don't have any of my research here at work with me but if I'm not mistaken the seriousness decreases substantially at a certain point (maybe right around a year?).

If nothing else I have 8 more months to angst about it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home