Peace of Mind is All I Want...: 13 weeks

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

13 weeks

Well, my kid has been christened, showered with gifts, cuddled by relatives she hadn't met yet and emotionally scarred (probably not) by her mother holding her down and squirting grape flavored reflux medication down her little throat. It's been quite a week. And we still have two more vaccinations to squeeze in at some point.

My parents, MIL & FIL and my SIL & BIL arrived in town this past Thursday. More relatives on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. In total, I think we had 15 out of towners (including my newest nephew who is 2 weeks older then Audrey and cuter then a button). The christening was fantastic and special - Audrey wailed through the whole thing :-) It was particularly funny because she's such an even tempered little thing. It was the first time our visitors heard her cry.

She wore the gown I was christened in. I hope that I'm blessed with a granddaughter someday (someday waaaay off in the future) and she'll wear the same gown.

We had a party after the ceremony. Our friends and neighbors joined in the celebration and we all had a great time. Naturally there was too much food and drink but it wouldn't be a party otherwise. Audrey is very blessed to have so many people that love her.

My mother bought her a beautiful jewelry box. My nutty in-laws filled the box with various bracelets and necklaces. My daughter has pearls, diamonds, silver and gold. She's one lucky girl!

I'll post pictures later this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home