Peace of Mind is All I Want...: 12 weeks old

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Monday, April 14, 2008

12 weeks old

Holy cow! This motherhood stuff just gets sweeter and sweeter. The smiles get bigger, the laughs get jollier - it's amazing.

Audrey is fantastic. She has the craziest facial expressions and a funny little personality. We're still going strong with nursing, despite a clogged duct I dealt with this week. A throbbing boob is no fun, especially because my kid is prone to thrashing around while she nurses and I inevitably get pummeled with her tiny fists. It's all good now though! I feel just about 100% better today.

Which is good because we're having her christened this Sunday and we have a ton of family coming in starting on Thursday. It's going to get crazy 'round here! Many of them will be meeting her for the first time - so exciting. She'll be christened in the same gown I wore. My mother held onto the gown and all of the paraphernalia. Very special.

I'm having a work dilemma. I'm trying very hard to come up with a schedule that will allow me to have one more day at home with the baby. So far there doesn't seem to be much flexibility. Please keep your fingers crossed that my latest proposal works out - it will make it a lot easier for me to be away from her those four days knowing that I have three days of her.

1 Comments:

At 4/14/08, 10:50 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

Olivia's baptism was this past weekend and it was wonderful but crazy!!! I was totally overwhelmed by having so many people here but it is so awesome to see how much joy she brings to everyone. Have a great weekend and enjoy the christening!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home