Peace of Mind is All I Want...: 34 weeks

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Thursday, December 06, 2007

34 weeks

Last night we met with our doula for the first time. I'm SO excited about having her on our "birth team". I wasn't sure what to expect prior to our meeting but she answered questions I didn't even know I had.

I have the slightest bit of anxiety about a low intervention birth in our hospital. They have a decent reputation for respecting the mothers wishes about that kind of thing but there are a few OBs that are known for being difficult. Our doula will be there to protect our interests and guide us through any difficult decisions that may have to be made. And she'll take pictures. And record a timeline of our birth. And remember to give me my glasses when they put our baby on my chest for the first time.

I had such sweet baby dreams last night (well, the part of the night I was able to sleep anyway). I'm already overwhelmed by the love I have for this unborn child, I can't comprehend how my heart will be able to expand once she arrives.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12/7/07, 5:21 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

I'm glad you liked your doula. That seems like such a good idea to have an advocate there for you during the whole process.

 
At 12/7/07, 7:28 PM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

I agree that it's a great idea to have someone there to mediate for you and fight for things to go the way you want. And definitely someone to keep track of your glasses, you don't want to miss those first moments because they are blurry! ;)

Believe me, you're heart will swell even more once she's born!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home