Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Better late then never, right?

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Better late then never, right?

She's here. Sweet Audrey Rae made her way into the world at 5:36 AM on Sunday, January 20.

Looking at her leaves me breathless. I love this not so tiny baby (8lbs 12oz) with a passion I didn't know I had in me. She's gorgeous and funny and precious and silly and so many other things Im not capable of putting into words. She inspires me to change the world even if its just to protect her further from all of the bad stuff out there.

I cant count how many times Ive been peed on or how many diapers Ive changed in the past thirteen days. I almost don't remember a time when I wasn't obsessed with the contents of a diaper or how much of a difference two ounces of body weight makes.

Her birth was just about perfect. Painful contractions started around 10:30 pm and came pretty quick. I labored at home until 1:30 am, arrived at the hospital at 2 am dilated to about 8 cm. Thanks to my wonderful husband and our doula I we able to make it without any pain medicatin as planned. I've never done anything so hard in my life nor have I ever felt such a sense of accomplishment.

My home is full of visitors at present time. I'll try to post some pictures soon but trust me when I say she's fantastic.

18 Comments:

At 2/2/08, 8:30 AM , Blogger Andria said...

congratulations! I know she is absolutely beautiful... update us all when you have a chance!

 
At 2/2/08, 5:07 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Congratulations, Chris! Our girls are only two days apart. :) Can't wait to see her!

 
At 2/3/08, 5:38 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

Congrats and happy birthday to sweet Audrey Rae! I'm glad the birth went so smoothly!

 
At 2/3/08, 7:17 AM , Blogger OHN said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Enjoy your precious daughter.

 
At 2/3/08, 5:27 PM , Blogger nickoletta100 said...

Congrats!!! So very happy for you!!!

I also am planning on using a doula and trying to not use drugs. If you get a chance and want to write more detail about how the doula helped I would really appreciate it. I understand if you are a little extra busy right now though! :)

 
At 2/4/08, 6:17 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Wonderful!!! I am so happy for you!

 
At 2/5/08, 11:26 AM , Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

Congrats!

 
At 2/5/08, 2:45 PM , Blogger MBRox said...

Congratulations! So happy for you!!!

 
At 2/12/08, 4:49 PM , Blogger decemberbaby said...

YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

Chris, this totally rocks! Congratulations!

 
At 2/13/08, 11:17 AM , Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Congratulations!!!

 
At 2/13/08, 12:28 PM , Blogger megan said...

congratulations! i'm so happy to hear of a birth that went unmedicated as planned with a doula and all. . . you give me hope!

 
At 2/13/08, 12:31 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations--and welcome to the world, little Audrey!

(Here via Lost & Found)

 
At 2/13/08, 2:59 PM , Blogger hoping4baby said...

Congratulations on the birth of your precious baby girl!!!

 
At 2/13/08, 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huge congrats!!

 
At 2/15/08, 3:45 PM , Blogger Larisa said...

Congrats! Glad it went so well.

Hats are from jamieraehats dot com. Expensive, but so, so, so adorable.

 
At 2/23/08, 7:19 AM , Blogger nickoletta100 said...

Hi Chris,

Please email me more details about your drug free birth experience :) Thanks for the offer!

nickoletta100 at hotmail dot com

 
At 2/24/08, 1:00 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

How's life with the baby going?

 
At 2/28/08, 3:27 AM , Blogger Ms. Perky said...

oh I'm so happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home