Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Had anothe rspotting incident last night accompanied by some wicked back pain. The baby was moving all over the place so I was pretty confident that she was just fine but I called the after hours line to see if they had any advice, etc. The nurse told me to take it easy, drink lots of fluid and lay on my left side (does anyone know why?) and call in the morning to see if my OB wants to see me. She did.

Luckily, everything is a-okay. Audrey was wiggling all over the place and they found her heartbeat right away beating steady and stong. Dr. checked my cervix (ouch) and tested my urine for bacteria (negative) - everything checked out just fine.

Looks like it may have been a blood vessel in my cervix or something like that. All is well though and that's all that matters.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9/26/07, 4:06 PM , Blogger nickoletta100 said...

YAY for everything being ok!

 
At 9/26/07, 8:00 PM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

Sorry you had such a scare! Glad it all turned out ok. I think the whole left side thing has to do with allowing maximum blood flow between you and the baby. Not really sure, I just know you are supposed to lay on your left side a lot.

 
At 9/28/07, 8:03 AM , Blogger Samantha said...

I'm sorry you had to have such a scare. I hope the back pain has dissipated.

 
At 10/11/07, 1:46 PM , Blogger Trixie said...

i'm glad all is ok!

you are supposed to lay on your left side because if you lay on your back, the uterus sits on one of the veins or your vena cava.

sitting on your left side gives you and the baby better flow and circulation.

 
At 10/16/07, 10:49 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

Hey, it's been a while... How're you doing?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home