Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Questions

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Monday, May 07, 2007

Questions

I started spotting yesterday - not a big surprise. While I would have been overjoyed to get pregnant this cycle my expectations were that it would be a bust so I'm not terribly disappointed.

Mostly because I have my IVF consult on Thursday. I only have to wake up THREE MORE TIMES! To say that I'm excited would be a huge understatement.

I wish I had a better idea of what to expect. My appointment falls on CD3 - will they do the usual bloodwork/ultrasound? Will I start BCP? Will I have to take a cycle off? I'll be monitored locally but will have to make a few trips to the clinic - how much time should I anticipate needing off? Can I afford to take a few days for a long weekend away with H or should I save those for clinic trips?

I really want a timeline for this stuff. I've been reading a lot about the process but don't know yet where we specifically fit ourselves into that puzzle.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5/7/07, 7:45 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

Every clinic is different with how they'll do things, when they'll start you on BCP, how long, how much monitoring etc. With my last cycle, I took BCP for 25 days, a week of which overlapped with lupron, and another week of lupron before starting stims. Then I had either bloodwork, or bloodwork and ultrasound every day starting on day 4. But as you know, I hyperstimulate easily. So you should ask for the protocol information tomorrow, what you can do locally, and that should help get your timeline. Good luck!

 
At 5/8/07, 8:08 PM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

I wish I could answer some of those questions for you but I just don't know. The only thing I can suggest is to write down every question you think of and take it with you to the clinic. Wow, only a few more days! Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home