Peace of Mind is All I Want...: And the wait begins!

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Friday, March 30, 2007

And the wait begins!

Although "weight" might be more appropriate given the size of my bloated stomach this morning. Blah.

The 2nd IUI was yesterday and it was fine. I had another acupuncture appointment afterwards and felt a billionty million times better afterwards. I think I Oed yesterday - the usual gloom settled over me pretty early in the day. It's amazing how acupuncture helps me get through that. I'm feeling quite chipper today - hopefully I can maintain this outlook.

Fertility Friend is giving me all kinds of mixed messages. My temperatures have alternated between 97.7 & 97.2. Get a new thermometer you might suggest? This IS the new thermometer (Tallulah attacked my old one). I dropped down to 97.2 this morning. If it's 97.7 again tomorrow I might just give up this temperature thing.

Who am I kidding? I'd get a(nother) new thermometer before I'd stop temping. It's an addiction, I know it but I can't stop myself.

We're supposed to get together tonight with 2 couples we're friends with. I don't want to go downtown because A. the weather sucks, B. I don't want to pay for parking and C. I don't want to deal with the crowds. I think we're going to go somewhere pretty near home but honestly, I'd rather just bail. We'll see!

Oh! I POAS this morning to see if my trigger shot would show up (and I secretly may have wanted to see what a BFP looks like) and it didn't. Does anyone know if it's normal for 5000iu of hCG to NOT show up on a HPT if the shot was given at 1 PM on Tuesday and the HPT was taken at 7 AM on Friday?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3/30/07, 2:38 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

That's crazy that the trigger shot didn't register a positive on the test. The trigger my doctor uses (Novarel) is a dosage of 10,000. (I took mine last night.)

Crappy weather here in Dallas, too. Gray, wet, and SUPER windy. Anyway, enjoy your weekend. Do you have to go for a blood draw next week?

 
At 3/30/07, 3:50 PM , Blogger Carey said...

I think it's fine that it didn't show up on an HPT. What brand of HPT did you use? There could be some hcg left, but maybe the test wasn't sensitive enough??

 
At 4/2/07, 8:42 AM , Blogger Baby Blues said...

I don't usually POAS after triggering. Although I do secretly want to know how a BFP looks like.

Yes maybe the HPT wasn't sensitive enough.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home