Peace of Mind is All I Want...: My Husband

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My Husband

Todd and I were catching up on some TV we Tivoed over the course of last week. I was laying on the couch with my heating pad happily munching on chocolate chip cookies not really paying much attention. Out of nowhere, Todd gets angry. Why, you might ask?

Because everything we watch from Two and Half Men to The Departed had something to do with pregnancy. He's noticing that there are pregnant women everywhere and it's making him sad and angry.

I can't say that I've felt alone in my baby quest because he's always been there for me but I am the one getting all of the needles poked in me, I am the one inventing excuses to tell my coworkers to explain why I'm always going to the doctor, I am the one getting wanded where the sun don't shine - not him. But it's his quest too and apparently he hurts just as much as I do, even if he doesn't talk about it constantly like I do. As much as it pains me to see him hurting it felt good to know that he's carrying some of this load around too.

It's kind of like moving the dining room table into another room. There's one person lifting each end of the table. It's inevitable that the person walking forward is bearing more of the load but it wouldn't move without the backward walking person's help. I'm walking forward but he's in front of me walking backward.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3/21/07, 7:39 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Great post, Chris. I'm glad that you've got him for support.

 
At 3/22/07, 7:41 PM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

It is so easy to forget that we aren't in this alone - much as it may feel that way at times!

 
At 3/24/07, 9:13 PM , Blogger Baby Blues said...

Our husbands are amazing. Most of the time they have to be strong for us, they're the shoulder to cry on or the giver of comforting hugs. But we often forget they need to deal with the hurts and frustrations of IF too.

I like the analogy with moving the dinner table. I've always found it harder to be the one walking backwards. You've got to trust the one going forward so you wouldn't have to bump into something.

Let's start moving that dinner table in the same direction! It's really a team effort.

 
At 3/27/07, 11:41 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

Just checking in to see how your cycle is progressing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home