Peace of Mind is All I Want...: Sick, sick, sick

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sick, sick, sick

There's been a cloud hanging over our household the past weekish. First Audrey caught it - runny nose, low grade fever, coughing, no appetite. Then she felt better but passed it onto me. Same symptoms, minus the fever with a little more coughing. I'm coming out of the clouds now but am still feeling like I've been hit by a bus. Luckily daycare was able to take Audrey Monday and Tuesday (our usual off days) and I was able to get some sleep otherwise I don't know how I'd be feeling right now! I'm still hoping Todd avoids catching this this. He's the biggest sissy ever when he has a cold. The temptation to off him might prove to be too strong :-P

Aside from that, things are....interesting. Audrey has been moodier than usual, most likely due to her cold. She's been all about the drama of everything, especially between 5 - 6 PM and right before bedtime. Her food intake hasn't been great and what we have been feeding her hasn't been as balanced as it could be. I'm looking forward to a trip to the grocery store on Sunday to restock the fridge/pantry and to see how things go after that.

I'm becoming more and more aware of how life is going to change in a few months. My heart hurts when I think about our morning routine changing. I selfishly want to keep everything just the way it is and fit baby boy into an existing situation but I'm pretty sure that's just not realistic.

I'm terrified, I really am. What if Audrey thinks I don't love her as much anymore. Am I cheating the baby out of having my fill attention the way Audrey did? Is this a horrible mistake? I hate to borrow trouble but these are the things that keep me awake at night. I feel him moving and pressing against my stomach and I worry about how this one little baby is going to set into a motion a crazy chain of events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home