Peace of Mind is All I Want...: A Comedy of Errors

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Thursday, March 01, 2007

A Comedy of Errors

So Todd & Tallulah came home from puppy school last night and Todd was stricken with (apparently) the worst stomach bug ever. Poor guy was up all night throwing his guts up and generally feeling worse than crap-like.

He woke up this morning with instructions to "deposit a specimen" into the cup and drop it off at the doctor's office as usual. He's done this 6 times before - this isn't anything new for him but since the weather is warm he didn't wear a jacket and just put the cup into his pocket.

Naturally, by the time he got to the doctor's the lid of the cup cracked and his "specimen" was soaking into the pocket of his jeans. Fortunately I go to the greatest doctors office on the planet with the most professional and compassionate people. Linda the amazing lab tech was able to salvage enough of his specimen to move forward with the IUI. After it was "washed" they had 20 million sperm with 90% of them mobile. Freaking awesome, I think.

I'm going to bring that boy a smoothie on my way home from work tonight. The poor guy was almost in tears when he called me - he felt so bad. He felt guilty for "messing up" the only thing he has to do, I feel awful for him.

I really, really hope this works more then ever. I'm afraid if we get another negative test he's going to hold himself responsible when we all know it isn't that black/white.

I got back tomorrow for another IUI. Let's hope this one isn't as eventful.

5 Comments:

At 3/1/07, 11:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Poor guy - he must feel awful! He gets props for even getting that far, though, given his night in the vomitorium.

Fingers-crossed for you on the upcoming IUI. Maybe overcoming so many obstacles to get to this point is a sign???

 
At 3/1/07, 12:42 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Talk about having a bad day, huh? That sucks. Well, I'm sending prayers your way that this is the cycle where the magic is going to happen! ::fingers crossed::

 
At 3/1/07, 5:30 PM , Blogger michele said...

I saw your comment on the Blogging Chicks Metablog. I need your email address so that I can send you the code for the blogroll.

 
At 3/1/07, 5:35 PM , Blogger michele said...

Never mind :-) just saw your email.

 
At 3/2/07, 8:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your poor hubby...what a crappy morning. It is amazing that they were able to recover so much!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home