Peace of Mind is All I Want...: "Mama, do two babies."

Peace of Mind is All I Want...

Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Mama, do two babies."

That's what Audrey says when she wants me to pick her up when I'm holding Finn. It all started when we got home from the birth center with the little guy. I was tired (imagine that) and crawled into my bed with Finn. Audrey came in and I was desperate to snuggle with her so I pulled her onto my lap and proclaimed that I had two babies. She repeated "two babies!" and shouts it anytime I have the two of them in my arms or on my lap.

I get a lot of comments about having my hands full when I'm doing "two babies". And frankly, it hurts my back something fierce. 16 lbs of Finn on one side, 27 lbs of Audrey on the other - it is quite a handfull. I wonder how much longer Audrey will want me to pick her up or snuggle her in my lap. I already can't believe that she's two - it won't be much longer before she's in kindergarten then getting her driver's license and then off to college. It's astounding how much faster time passes when you have children. So I'm going to keep on doing "two babies" as long as my back holds up.

2 Comments:

At 2/18/10, 11:55 AM , Anonymous Andria Stanley said...

Finn should be evening out his weight with Audrey in a couple months. ;)

Just to forewarn you: Boys growth is crazy. Ailane is 11, and wears a size 13.5 shoe. Blake is 2, and wears a size 10. He puts on her ugg-type boots, and wears them around the house. I'm predicting by the end of this year, his foot will be larger than hers. It's crazy!

 
At 2/18/10, 5:27 PM , Blogger PCOSMama said...

Yup, boys are big! My son is 2 and weighs about 35 pounds. My daughter is 5 1/2 and weighs about 38 pounds. Seriously! She wears a size 11 shoe, he wears an 8, soon to be a 9. I have had to carry them both on occasion and it is tough! I can't make it far!
Enjoy the extra snuggles while you can!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home